QVC was tooting its own horn over its Thanksgiving weekend sales, and we guess it is entitled to. It was a record-busting time, according to the Q.
Unfortunately, the No. 1 home shopping network didn’t disclose any actual numbers. It didn’t tell us how much revenue was actually generated.
It didn’t tell us what percent sales were up this Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday versus last year, or how the week compared to QVC’s prior biggest-sales week.
And truth be told, we didn’t order one thing.
Here is the story, sans important details, from the horse’s mouth:
U.S. Shoppers Make Thanksgiving Week Biggest in QVC’s History
QVC Sets New Sales Records and Hits All-Time Digital Sales High as Customers
Tune in for Hot Gift Items and Exclusive Deals
December 1, 2015 – From Monday, November 23 to Sunday, November 29, U.S. shoppers flocked to QVC for the hottest gift items and exclusive deals, making this the largest week ever in sales at QVC, as well as the highest-selling Thanksgiving Day and Cyber Monday in QVC’s history.
Underscoring a growing consumer preference to shop from the comfort of home – and avoid the chaos of brick-and-mortar retailers – QVC U.S. also achieved record ecommerce sales via web and mobile throughout the week.
Personal electronics, kitchen electrics, and apparel and accessories from brands such as DellTM, Canon, KitchenAid and Susan Graver were among the hottest sellers, each representing a Today’s Special Value®, the best find of the day. The Today’s Special Value for Saturday, November 28, a Dell Windows 10 Laptop, was the highest-selling TSV item ever on QVC.com.
“Throughout the week, shoppers turned to QVC for the season’s most-desired items, from camera-enabled drones to fitness gadgets and functional fashion accessories, making QVC the ultimate gift destination for the whole family,” said Ken O’Brien, SVP of Global Brands Management and U.S. Buying, QVC.
“It is clear that our customers prefer to embrace the joy of holiday by shopping remotely, visiting QVC across TV, web, mobile, tablet and social media, rather than the long-standing tradition of heading to the stores.”
QVC U.S. milestones for the week include:
Thanksgiving week (November 23-29) was the biggest week in terms of sales in QVC’s history. Ecommerce accounted for 58% of sales.
Thanksgiving Day (November 26) was the highest-selling Thanksgiving ever.
Black Friday (November 27) was the highest-selling Black Friday ever on QVC.com.
Cyber Monday (November 30) was the highest-selling Cyber Monday ever.
“We look for products that bring the joy of discovery to customers, and the best sellers across categories have one unifying theme – customers can find what they love, and love what they find at QVC this holiday season,” O’Brien concluded.
Product highlights of the week:
· Electronics, including audio players, computers and cameras from popular brands such as Bose®, Dell and Canon were hot sellers.
· Classic kitchen favorites from Vitamix, KitchenAid, and Keurig were popular choices in cooking and dining.
· Shoppers rushed to buy must-have beauty gift sets from premier brands such as bareMinerals®, tarte, Josie Maran and IT Cosmetics.
· Fun, hi-tech items like the Panther Wide Drone with Camera and the Fitbit Wireless Activity Tracker have been popular.
· Accessories and apparel from top brands including Dennis Basso, Isaac Mizrahi LIVE!TM, Susan Graver and Dooney & Bourke remain hot.
· Items that combine fashion and function are striking it big, including the G.I.L.I. got it love it® with HALOGUARD Leather RFID Pouch and the LODIS Italian Leather Credit Card Cases with RFID Protection, both designed to help protect your technology while providing a trendy edge.