We’re got a million things to do today but we had to take time to post this tongue-in-cheek jab at the home shopping industry put together by Steve Bryant, self-described TV shopping, infomercial and talk radio host.
It’s his David Letterman-type Top 10 list.
Here it is:
Although I’m out of the DRTV industry, it’s still fun to poke it with a sharp stick.
Top 10 Reasons Why Starting a New TV Shopping Channel Will Be Difficult
10. Death squads from the “Big 3” existing channels.
9. New crop of TV Shopping Hosts is just awful.
8. QVC has trademarked all the good proprietary brand names.
7. Customers finally understand that a diamond stimulant (sic) does not look as good as a real diamond.
6. High price of gold and silver means that most jewelry is now made out of aluminum foil, chewing gum and marine resin epoxy.
5. Americans have finally realized that the difference between a $40 lipstick and a $5 lipstick is $35.
4. The phrase “This will sell out” has replaced “The check’s in the mail” as the first of the “3 Biggest Lies.”
3. The only product not under contract to an existing shopping channel is the new Cabbage Patch Kids Bruce Jenner Doll.
2. All the good lies about Tanzanite have already been used.
And, the #1 reason why starting a new shopping channel will be difficult…
1. The only celebrity not currently endorsing a product is Mel Gibson.